Monday, September 8, 2008

"Turned on"

This weekend Bug & Iris had lessons with Colleen. Bug watched Iris and Blue during their lesson (as well as rolling in glorious sheep manure!). Iris and Blue had a great lesson - they are really starting to figure things out. Iris definitely has her own ideas about things!! But she is a very good girlie for her human.


Then we had our lesson and Bug "turned on" to the sheep!! He suddenly (suddenly, hah, we've been building up to this, no?) lost his fear and started herding the sheep. It was awesome!! He even let out a few grumbley growls at them! Words do not do it justice, so I will share some wonderful pictures that Blue took. You can see what a good time he is having.


Me cheer leading - I do it so well!








Look at the streamlined Corgi!


Bug was doing so well that Colleen suggested I pick up the rake. Boom, Bug literally went in sat in the corner. Fortunately, once I put the rake down he was more than happy to come back and git those sheepies! So, I am buying a child's rake and will have it in the house and maybe even take it on walks with me. Yes, I will look like a dork but my dog will hopefully get over his rake fear.

Things will be taken nice and easy with the Bug - and I will TRY to remember he has only been with me for four months! It feels like so much longer - in the best possible sense!

9 comments:

Diana said...

That looks like great fun. Love the pictures!! Diana

Holly said...

YEAH!!!! We are so proud of you guys!!!!!

Dawn said...

Woohoo, look at that blue streak go. Nice pictures.

Traci said...

Wow, Honor looks like he's having a great time! :) Thanks for sharing the photos!!!

manymuddypaws said...

woohoo! Go Bug Go!

Elf said...

A rake?! That is too funny. My Border Collie gets spooked at the weirdest things, too, but so far I haven't had to carry any odd gardening tools around on walks with me. The occasional remote-control car is plenty enough of a challenge.

Liz said...

That's so great! It's so rewarding to see our dogs' natural instincts kick in, isn't it?

Seeing the pleasure Spot and Shelby get from earthdog and agility makes me feel a little less guilty about leaving them to hang around the house most days while I'm at work.

Cat, Tessie, & Strata said...

Just casually be "rake lady" during RMB time. I'm sure the rake worries won't last long when he starts to think that rake = tasty snack!

Blue said...

Bug was AWESOME!!!