Saturday, February 14, 2009

Family Fun Day #1

Today John and I took the boys to the Ridgevale Beach in Chatham, Mass. John christened the day Family Fun Day in an interesting southern drawl - hopefully the first of many.

Bug had never been to the beach before. I guess it only makes sense that Admiral Pudgy Paws would adore the ocean! credit John P.

Bug had an amazing time. When he first saw the ocean he literally just stood and stared. It was so cool! Then he started chasing birds - he thought that might be the best fun ever! Ike was very happy to run between his bro, his dad, and me. The beach is high on the list of favorites for all of us.










On the ride down we tried to think up all the pet names we have for our furry friends per DoLittler's Valentine post on connecting with your pet. It was a lot of fun. I will not include dogs of the past here, although we had great time trying to remember their nicknames, too.

Ike
Ikey, Ikey P., the Ikenator, Señor Ikelsworth, Mister Ikelsworth, Señor Ike, Icky-Ike, the Ikester, the Ickster, the Schnauz, the boy, Monster #1, Ike the bastard, Ike-Ike-Ride-a-Bike, nosypants, Sniffy McGee, Scruffilufigus

Bug
Buggie, Bug-a-boo, Buggie-boo, Admiral Pudgy Paws, Buggie Smalls, the Notorious B.U.G., the Corgi, the Corga-muffin, Monster #2, Buglet, Buggie-wuggy

Carmen
Carm, Carmie-Carmie-in-the-Army, Carmelized Onion, the Onion, Carmie, Carmine, the Big Ragu, Carmie-doodle, Carmen Caveman, the Nose Collector, wet beard, Carmalita, Bajukey, Pumpkin

Joey
Joe, José Luis, Josephina, Evil Joey, Joe-Joe, Joseph, Joey-Joey-Lookin'-Hoey, Joey the Bastard

9 comments:

Katrin said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day!

Blue said...

Great pics! Both boys look like they're having a bast. The beach is beautiful too.

Holly said...

YEAH BUG!! So Honor isn't one of his names LOL? I am just bustin'. The boys look so happy!!!!

manymuddypaws said...

great photos! love the one of bug staring at the ocean...very neat

Jules said...

Holly, John asked me the same question! Guess I better adjust his list! ;-)

We had a great day. I swear Buggie "lost" his mind when he saw the ocean.

Holly said...

When Bug was here with me, and I spoke with an animal communicator, on his list of things he wanted me to do was bring him to the beach! Where I live it wasn't easily possible!! I am so glad you were able to let him do a dream!

Amber-Mae said...

Woohoo! You had a blast at the beach I'm jealous!

Butt sniffs,
Solid Gold Dancer

Marlene said...

I think you missed one of Ikes....Ike the fun police!

Jules said...

You're right! We also forgot Buggie's mob name - "the Silencer." He likes to walk around with a toy in his mouth and try to aroo!