Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weave Poles Day #13

Today I took the Bug to my in-law's house to practice his weaves. This is day 2 with no cages on the right side.

My in-law's live on the main drag in Canton and their back yard is not fenced. At times working in their backyard can put your heart in your throat - there is a lot of car and foot traffic. This is the first time I have attempted to work with Bug in their backyard. He did very well. He missed many more weaves than he does in my mudroom. Hmmm....wonder why!? :-)

In general once he realized he could be out there and focus on me he did really well.

We also practiced stays in front of a jump - then tossing the toy behind him or to the side. He did really well with his stays. We'll see if it transfers to class.

I also practiced with Carmen and she did very well with cages only on the left. I remain torn as to what is the best course of action with her.....

No comments: