Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Point!!

One should probably NOT be so excited about a point. However, Bug needs three single points and I have failed miserably at getting them to date.

Change of plans.


This weekend I hired my handling class instructor to handle Bug at the Pioneer Valley Kennel Club show in Greenfield, MA (and the Cheshire Kennel Club show in Keene, NH tomorrow).

I don't know how tomorrow will go, but today was a success!


Although I must say, my nerves were just as bad with Kerry showing Bug as they are when I show him! Kerry said, "Just don't faint."

Bug was a bit weird on the table for Kerry. I think she tried to move his right foreleg a bit too quickly and he actually laid down on the table. She got him up quickly and stacked him. I thought his front looked GREAT - at least from my angle. Sometimes I guess things work out.

Bug looked VERY nice moving for her although his ears did go down when they first entered the ring together. I think this is due to the stress I have exhibited going into the ring. Hopefully this will change as he shows with people who enjoy it and aren't stressed about it.

At the moment I have a corgi who is SOUND asleep. Apparently showing is exhausting!


2 more points to go. Cross your paws for us. Tomorrow might be a wash if the other dog doesn't show.

10 comments:

Traci said...

congrats!! A point is a point, and we'll take em how we can get em! :) Way to go!!

penni said...

Are there bitches entered? Perhaps Bug could pick up a cross-over point (or 2). Good luck!

Holly said...

YEAH!! Luther says "Way to go Bro!"

Dawn said...

OH Yeah! Congratulations you guys. Try to remember to breathe, even while outside the ring. We are so happy for you!

Blue said...

Woo-hoo!!! Good job Bug!

Katrin said...

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! 2 more to go, have all digets crossed for tomorrow!!!!

Johnny P said...

Congratulations, Buggie and Jules! I am so proud of you both!

Diana said...

He is very cute. Congrats on the point. Good luck today. Diana

Nancy said...

Ya Bug! Glad you are one point closer!

manymuddypaws said...

congrats!!!