Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beyond Basics

Yesterday was the intro to Bug's new Basic Manners class and it was dog-less. I got a really good vibe from the instructor, Joyce. She is a GSD person and has had quite a few rescues both with and without behavioral problems. I REALLY liked how she didn't dumb down the science of training to the class - even though a lot of the students were there with the entire family in tow.

We went around and introduced ourselves. She suggested that Beyond Basics would probably be a better fit for Bug and that I should switch classes. She allowed me to stay for the rest of the intro to positive training and I left feeling like I will be working with a very competent trainer whose methods I agree with. Class starts next Tuesday at 7 pm.

5 comments:

Life With Dogs said...

Isn't it great to find anything that has not been dumbed down these days? :)

Jenn said...

was this at Canine Mastery and Joyce G? I really like Joyce! I don't know if she will remember us but at one point a bunch of us got together in Wrentham to work on some reactive dog stuff with Emma. I was working Keegan, but had Steeler with me - he was just a pup ... but she was great at letting me socialize with Jak with Steeler.

Jules said...

Yes! It is the same Joyce. I am really excited about the class after meeting her and listening to her spiel to the Basic Manners class.

Jenn said...

Tell her Steeler and I said HI! And let me know how you like class! I wanted to take one of her classes but the timing just never worked well for me.

Marlene said...

Kody took both Basic Manners and Beyond with Joyce. We really enjoyed her.