Wednesday, November 3, 2010

too tired to blog much

We closed on Wednesday. The closing took less than an hour and was significantly less expensive than we were quoted. Yay! We moved on Thursday. My house is a shambles. Boxes, boxes everywhere.

The house was owned by an 80 yo woman so while it was immaculate there are lots of little things that need more-or-less immediate attention followed by larger cosmetic changes when we have extra money (i.e. not for a while). The house was custom built in 1973 and other than painting her bedroom everything is original! :)

Today I had to replace one of the exterior knobs and locks because the door knob fell off and was beyond repair!

The boys are settling in. Bug is a VERY affectionate dog and he was quite stand-offish for a few days. Yesterday he started acting like himself. Ike is not overtly affectionate and he has been very needy and affectionate! Go figure.

I will have to take a picture of the road I live on in addition to the house. It is beautiful. I am excited and happy about our new adventure. I will say living in the country means LOTS of ticks!

Oh, and I am exhausted.

7 comments:

penni said...

Commiserating . . .

Blue said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean! This condo was owned by an 80 year old woman before we moved in. She took good care of it, but there was a bunch of little things that needed some TLC. Moving is exhausting!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Moving is soooo much work, but it sounds like a great house, although I bet there are a thousand little things you will have to do. I wish we could move, but maybe you can just keep reminding me of all the work, LOL, then I will just sit back and be happy in our TINY house, hahahaha! Kathy

Diana said...

Congrats on your new home!! Diana

Sara said...

Congrats! Welcome to years and years of weekends spent at home depot. LOL. Hope you feel settled in soon.

Ticks are horrible right now. I pull one a day off my dogs.

Taryn said...

Congrats on your new home! What fun (at least after the unpacking is done!) Can't wait to see pics.

Jenn said...

whooo hooo .... congrats on your new house! Good luck getting everything unpacked! :-)