Sunday, December 5, 2010

Good Sign

I watched the Bug like a hawk last night....and other than being EXHAUSTED he was in good shape! No signs of stiffness and he readily hopped up on the couch, etc. I know I will need to continue to be vigilant with his stretching and making sure we rest adequately and do not overwork. However, for the first time in a long time I am feeling the optimism his physical therapist and chiro feel!

I spoke to our chiro earlier this week and she agreed it would be smart to incorporate a proactive approach that a blog friend had mentioned. I proactively gave Bug arnica Tuesday through Thursday and Traumeel Friday, Saturday, today. I plan on switching and continuing the arnica for a few days this week.

As with all things it is hard to say if it is necessary or if he'd be fine given all the time and money we have spent rehabbing. I feel like erring on the side of caution. It's not as though arnica or Traumeel are expensive and there are certainly no ill-health effects.

I think it is too early to be as excited as I feel. I don't want to assume Bug is 100% and then be sorely disappointed, BUT I really am feeling optimistic! We have scheduled another lesson for the 18th and dog gods willing will be herding all winter!

2 comments:

Blue said...

I am SO GLAD to hear that so far Bug is feeling good!!!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

WOW, I am EXCITED to hear how well Bug handled the herding, that is the best news!!!
great idea to take the proactive approach, that is a really good idea.