Bug had his annual exam last week. We titered for rabies, distemper, and parvo. I wanted to titer for rabies because Bug has been acting incredibly spooky as of late (beginning about the last week of November). I don’t want to vaccinate him, or I would prefer not to vaccinate him at full dose, if his titer is sufficient given how weird he is acting.
Spooky = very wary of sudden movements and items being moved near him. I guess a better descriptor would be to say he is acting extraordinarily skittish ….everywhere….in the house, at herding, on walks. He is also being hesitant about tugging - one of his favorite activities.
Since he is acting so spooky/skittish Dr. H suggested a follow-up C6 to test his level of Lyme infection. Last December we did a six month follow-up C6 and his levels had dropped from 424 to 138 (after treating with doxy – his 1st treatment). That was a huge difference. However, it is now a year out and his C6 came back at 86.
I am really depressed about the results. He’s been acting really odd lately or I don’t know if I would treat allopathically. I am extremely torn and I guess I still haven’t really made a final decision about treatment. I am picking up the doxy tomorrow. A large part of me thinks I should make a new patient appointment for him with Dr. F (CVH). I really feel the doxy pushes the disease deeper, at the same time I know it can be an extremely effective treatment. Bug could have easily been reinfected given the amount of ticks I saw late this year.
Given his recent behavior I definitely consider him symptomatic. Argh. I hate ticks.
17 hours ago