Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scattered

I am slacking in the blogging department. Life has been busy and I swear the winter is just sapping me of any energy after hours.

Last Tuesday Ike and I had agility class. For some reason it was a rough class for me. I wasn’t focused and really had a tough time with the course. I expected to be on fire because that was the day I found out the homeopathic treatment of Ike’s Lyme was successful. I wasn’t though. I was unfocused and running with zero confidence. As a result Ike was like, “What are you doing?!” It makes me feel so badly when I impact his confidence like that.

Kathleen gave me a copy of the course map, but there were a lot of changes and I think I would make a mess of it if I tried to clean it up and post it. There were a few nice moments, but overall my handling was a bit “blech.” Thank goodness Ikey has come so far that he doesn’t “shut-down” when I handle that poorly.

On Saturday Bug had his 2nd Rally-O class. There were a bunch of new students and it was VERY distracting for the Bug-a-boo. He did great though and I am really pleased with how things are going. I would love to put him in a competitive obedience class, but I don’t think I can swing it at the moment (both in terms of time and $$).

Bug really seems to understand when he is working and is very responsive to verbal commands. I need to work harder at putting things on cue because he likes it. For example when we are doing the spiral if I ask him to wait he slows his step and makes eye contact. Lovely!

The only bummer about Rally class is that it is on Saturday in the middle of the day. Right now herding is only happening about once or twice a month and the days have typically been a Friday and Saturday. Fridays I work and Saturday I have Rally. : ( So that is a bit of a bummer. As it gets warmer Rally class will be moved to a week day.

No comments: