Friday, January 14, 2011

Goings On

I have been a very bad blogger.

Sunday I attended a Pat Hastings' Structure in Action seminar. It was amazing. I learned so much. I have yet to have a chance to look at my notes this week and really digest all that she went over (or blog about it, obviously). She used loads of photos to give examples of correct structure and structural faults as well as two litters (Irish Setter and Lab litters) and about 10 adult dogs (variety of breeds: Azawakh (2),  LR (2), GSD, CWC, Parson Russell Terrier (2), Hungarian Mudi, Miniature Poodle, and an All-American). She might be coming to New England again within the year and I will definitely go again.

Bug started doxy on Thursday. Tuesday he started with diarrhea – which hasn’t stopped even with rice and arsenicum album. We had a lovely 1 am walk last night. Brrrr! I did not give him any doxy yesterday or today. The vet and I are playing phone tag. I also have calls into an herbal practitioner and Ike’s CVH.

As I mentioned last post or the post before that, since Bug had been acting so spooky I do not want to vaccinate him for rabies if his titer is adequate. It came back as > 15 which is more than adequate. I have to touch base with the vet about that – the number I received for Ike was thousands higher. Perhaps it is because Ike has had many more rabies vaccines? I think Bug has had his 1 year booster and his 3 year booster – that’s it.

Ike is still struggling with the Dog Brick – he just does not get that he needs to push with his nose. He does get all the treats out, but boy does he have to work hard. Bug is now finishing it in less than 2 minutes (I think) – he understands exactly what is needed.

I finally got Ike’s “Spin” to the right on cue. We are now working on “Turn” to the left. He is obviously a righty – he has a much harder time making his body turn to the left. I was able to shape a turn to the left – now I just have to get him to do it consistently and put it on cue.

Bug is finalizing his “spin” (to the right) on cue and we are working on backing up.

They are both such funny boys. They learn in such incredibly different fashions. I love it.

I hope to blog about Pat Hastings this weekend….

5 comments:

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera said...

Oooh, Pat's going to be in my area in two weeks... have already emailed for info!

Jules said...

definitely go!! She has an incredible amount of knowledge and is a very engaging speaker. Seminar was scheduled for 8 - 6 and ran over!!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

The seminar sounds fantastic, I really want to go next time she is around here. Sounds like you guys have been hard at work learning, soooo sorry about the Diarrhea ;-(, hope that ends really soon....

Blue said...

It sounds like you're been busy though! I would love to go to a Pat Hastiing's seminar next time she's in the area.

Lani said...

I SOO want to go see one of Pat's full seminars. The nearest she's been to me is 4.5 hrs away. I signed up, then bagged out at the last minute. Next time....